It’s hard for me to believe that two weeks have come & gone! I’d be lying if I said it’s been a piece of cake… (see what I did there?;) )
Some days are definitely harder than others but the fact I get to go to sleep at night (without a sleep aid for the first time in a long time) and be proud of what I’ve put in my body that day is one of the best feelings ever.
My energy levels continue to sky rocket and my knowledge of healthy, clean, eating expands each day.
This is like my whole30 bible. Not a day goes by I don’t read something out of it! Plus the recipes are delish.
Several of you have asked for my frittata recipe so here goes:
(*I have no technical measurements and I switch up the veggies each time but this one is my fave.)
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-I coat a 9×13 glass baking dish with coconut oil and then
-Whisk 12-15 eggs and set aside
– Heat avacado oil or coconut oil in a pan
– I chop up 4 pieces of uncured bacon and sauté with chopped mushrooms in pan (careful not to over cook bacon because it will get tough in the oven)
– I dice one onion, one green bell pepper, and one yellow or red pepper and add to the pan
– I slice a handful of cherry tomatoes and toss them in
– Then add in 2 big handfuls of kale/spinach (or both) until it starts to wilt.
-Salt & pepper to taste
– Pour veggie mix into the baking dish
– Pour eggs on top and push all the veggies down with a spoon so that the eggs cover all of them
– Bake for 30 minutes!
I cut it into separate pieces and store in plastic Tupperware for an easy to grab breakfast in the am. (I get up at 4:15 everyday so the easier the better for me!)
I love getting to be creative and explore different food options. Yes I’m proud of making it through another day without putting unhealthy, calorie dense foods into my body but I am proud of my new culinary achievements! Everything from the homemade mayo (tutorial coming this weekend) to tonight’s chicken curry dish that the hubs loves!
Thank you guys SO much for letting me share this journey with you.
Week three: bring it on.